Custom Replacement Bow Windows
The Feldco Sophia Series Bay Bow Windows offer a unique outward curving design that can completely transform. These windows also add some dimension to the rooms where installed, as they protrude past the wall of your home, creating a bay seat, or ledge area, that enlarges the space of your room.
A bow window is a curved bay window , usually constructed of 4 or more window pane elements set at different angles, which maximizes light and visibility to your home. Feldco Bow Windows are comprised of multiple windows of the same size, and can be Picture Windows, Casement Windows or Double Hung Windows to meet your style and ventilation needs. However the combination is designed, you are sure to enjoy the beautiful architectural look and Energy Efficiency savings of Feldco Replacement Bow Windows in your home.
Energy Efficiency - Learn more
- MULTI-CHAMBERED FRAME CONSTRUCTION - Improves insulation of the entire window, while increasing structural strength and reducing noise and sound
- POLYURETHANE FOAM-FILLED CHAMBERS - insulating the interior of the window increases its R-Value and insulating properties over other bay and bow windows for double-hung and picture window configurations
- DOUBLE PANE 3/4" INSULATED GLASS with ARGON GAS AND LOW-E COATING - provides optimal energy efficient insulation, and additional strength and durability, well above most manufacturers' 'standard' window glass
- INSULATED SEAT BOARD - standard in the custom 'seat' area of Feldco bay and bow windows, increasing the thermal efficiency and energy savings
- DURALITE WARM EDGE TECHNOLOGY - creates long lasting energy-efficient performance by protecting the window spacer and seal, preventing energy loss and internal condensation
- INSULATING FOAM COMPRESSION WRAP - for double-hung and picture window configurations efficient spread of insulation during manufacturing increases the energy efficiency of the window versus old-fashioned 'tucking' of frame insulation through small gaps during the installation
- DUAL-PILE FINSEAL WEATHER STRIPPING - advanced design stripping that won't crush down, and reduces drafts from high winds that can penetrate bay/bow windows.
- MAGNETIC BOTTOM SASH SEAL - on double-hung units in bay/bow configurations, magnetically seals the lower sash to the window frame like a refrigerator, increasing comfort by eliminating air infiltration.
- DEEP SEATED INTERLOCK - on double hung units in a bay or bow configuration, it reduces air infiltration potential, enhancing energy efficiency
- SOLID PURE UNPLASTICIZED VIRGIN VINYL CONSTRUCTION - plastic-free construction prevents warping, aging and precludes your beautiful bay or bow window from becoming brittle or discoloring
Functionality & Durability - Learn more
- HIGH DENSITY COMPOSITE I-BEAM - in double hung configurations, provides superior window frame strength and durability versus replacement windows that only utilize the window opening for strength. Protects against future 'jams' or warping from your house settling and the seasons and temperatures change
- CHAIN SUSPENSION SYSTEM – to support the windows
- CORROSION RESISTANT HARDWARE - won't rust or deteriorate in the harsh weather and climate
- SOLID PURE UNPLASTICIZED VIRGIN VINYL with FUSION-WELDED CONSTRUCTION - Welded, not fastened, so it cannot loosen or ply apart like other windows. Plastic-free composite precludes the window from becoming brittle or turning yellow
- MULTI-CHAMBERED CONSTRUCTION - Improves the structural strength, energy efficient insulation, and sound reduction of Feldco bay and bow windows to make your home more quiet
- DOUBLE PANE 3/4" INSULATED GLASS with ARGON GAS AND LOW-E COATING - Enhances strength as well as energy efficiency in your bow or bay windows. Also protects your valuable home furnishings from fading due to sunlight through the large bay and bow window openings.
- MITERED WELDED, DUAL-GLAZED SASHES AND FRAMES - creates greater weld coverage for enhanced durability and more beautiful finish. They cannot come apart, unlike window frames that are screwed or fastened together.
- CONSTANT FORCE BALANCE SYSTEM - on double-hung windows, consistent smooth up and down operation for easier opening/closing of the window at 4-5 lbs of pressure versus other double-hung windows at 9-10 lbs.
- FULL LENGTH INTERLOCKING MEETING RAIL - provides additional security and strength while further reducing drafts and energy loss
- EXTRUDED SCREEN FRAME WITH MITERED CORNERS - for bay and bow windows with exterior screens provides better strength than normal window screens
Safety and Security - Learn more
- FIBERGLASS REINFORCED LOCKING SYSTEM - Enhanced strength locking system protects your family and discourages break-ins with tough, durable hardware
- DOUBLE WINDOW LOCKS - for bays and bows with Feldco Sophia Double Hung windows, two main locks on all widths 24" and wider is standard
- STAGGERED VENTILATION LATCHES - thwarts intruders from raising the window on double-hung bay/bows, even when the window sash is open for ventilation. Protects children by preventing them from opening the window further
- LOW PROFILE SASH TILT LATCHES WITH CHILDPROOF SAFETY LOCKS - on double-hungs, they prevent accidental sash tilting, especially by small children
- DEEP SEATED INTERLOCK - Increases security by creating a deeper, tighter sash and frame design. Also reduces air infiltration, providing more energy efficiency
- LOCKING SCREENS - Discourages intruders with yet another locked barrier and prevents children from easily opening a double-hung window screen from the inside
- LIMITED LIFETIME NON-PRORATED TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY - Protects your elegant Feldco bay or bow window investment for years to come, and through to the next owner of your home if you sell your house in the future.
Beauty and Design - Learn more
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-SANDED 1 ¼" OAK SURROUND AND SEAT - custom hand crafted for an exquisite interior look and finish.
- CUSTOM-MADE SEAT DEPTH - bay and bow seats are custom designed in 1/8" increments for optimal architectural design and match to your room's style
- CUSTOM SHINGLED, METAL, HIP OR SHED-STYLE ROOF DESIGNS - multiple design options available to best match your home's exterior architectural design and your personal style
- EXCLUSIVE OVER-THE-EDGE EXTERIOR DESIGN - keeps Feldco bay and bow windows cleaner from the weather and nature
- MARINE FLOAT GLASS - for the large glass areas of bays and bows, it creates improved viewing transparency through nonporous glass surfaces that require less frequent cleaning. Float glass is more optically efficient than standard rolled window glass on most replacement windows
- ELEGANT CASEMENT LOW-PROFILE FOLDING OPERATOR HANDLE - virtually vanishes when not being used for a clean, beautiful internal design
- BEVELED EXTERIOR PROFILE - Provides a clean, modern appearance for your new replacement bay and bow windows, and your home
- MITERED WELDED, DUAL-GLAZED SASHES AND FRAMES - creates greater weld coverage for a more beautiful finish
- EASY TILT IN SASHES - with double hung windows, both upper and lower sashes tilt in for easy and convenient cleaning - from inside your home
- SOLID VIRGIN VINYL CONSTRUCTION - Plastic free composite precludes your new replacement window from becoming brittle or discoloring over time
- LOTS OF CUSTOM OPTIONS INCLUDING:
- Dream Glass Options Available: Jewel Cut, Etched, Color and Camed Panels
- High-Grade 1 ¼" Oak Veneer Surround
- Custom Roof options: hip or shed (shingle or metal)
- Natural Wood Grain Paintable/Stainable Interior Laminates in Pine or Oak
- Removable Wood Grids
- Solid Oak Colonial Casing